Welcome! And an explanation to what this blog is about.

Ever since I got blogging about 8-9 years ago (yikes!) I find it the solution to everything. Back when I needed venting out about anything, or gushing about different books, blogspot was the way to go. It's been over a year now that I last blogged, mostly because life caught up with me and I got married and moved overseas! That is a way more valid reason for the super long hiatus than any I ever made up before. People who know me would understand. I never for the life of me imagined I'd get married anytime soon, but well, life happens and when you meet the one, your own self betrays you. Sorry me, to me.

Now that I moved overseas, I was faced with the haunting challenge of having to prepare edible food items to keep myself and my SO nourished enough to avoid starvation. The guy's lost weight, last we checked. (S'pose I put in oodles of ghee and sugar? Will that help?) JK. The sweetum is (so far) ideal. He cooks. He doesn't even complain! How??? 

The great part is that he loves healthy food. The sad part is that I can't eat 'healthy' food for long if it doesn't taste nice. I mean, I do when I have to, but it feels like rubber. Gradually, together, we explored different recipes and different food items to come up with lunches and dinners that are not only high on the health quotient but are also delicious!

And then I realised -- my family needs it too! We're scattered all over the globe. My new family and my original one, and the friends-I-call-family. My mom-in-law worries about my brother-in-law's lack of nutritional intake (like me, he avoids having to have fruit unless it is cut and served on a platter. He still wouldn't eat apples, though). My mom-in-law herself could work wonders with nutritional recipes because unfortunately, when we cook some of our typical Indian food we kill most of the nutrients with over-cooking. As a doctor suggested to us once, anything that's baked, boiled or steamed is best. And I would love to show my original family and old friends that I am not a lost cause when it comes to food. Be prepared to be surprised, folks!

So this blog will gradually be filled with the recipes I've learned, most of which would be easy (if someone like me could get interested in cooking and make food edible, I bet anyone can). Also, since I'm no food connoisseur I wouldn't be too worried about being very specific and particular about minute details. My aim is to make food enjoyable, easy-to-cook, less time consuming and healthy, of course!

Hoping the fam takes the hint. Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts